Do you want to explore the more authentic side of Jamaica outside of the tourist hotspots? Well as always, Know Jamaica Tours has you covered with a relaxing but exciting 4 hour Ocho Rios Tour day planned out for you where you can hang with the locals and experience a day in the average Jamaica.
|From Cruise Port||1 hour after ship docks|
|From Resorts within Ocho Rios||10:00 AM|
What to Expect
- Upon starting your day touring Ocho Rios, the real way, you will first take a scenic drive to the town of White River Bay where, here you will get the chance to hang and chat with some of our Jamaican people, you can even engage in an exciting game of Jamaican Dominoes!
- Of course there will be local bars where you can sit and have some Jamaican specials, not to mention, there are Fish Fry Spots and local restaurants (we tend to refer to them as cook shops as well) all around town so you will also have a chance to have some delectable Jamaican Cuisine made freshly by authentic Jamaicans.
- Referred to us locals as “Basic School”, this is an ideal stop for especially those passengers with young children as you will get a chance to see a local Early Childhood Education Centre within the Ocho Rios area.
- You will have a scenic view of the Ochi area and of course, you will get to enjoy this view first hand as we will take a walk through stroll through the Ocho Rios Town Centre where you can visit farmers markets, local stores, grab some locally grown organic Jamaican fruits and much more!
- After all that excitement, it’s now time for lunch! Here you will have the option of stopping at a Jerk Centre or have the chance to bite into a delectable Jamaican Patty at either Juici Patties or Mother’s Patties.
- Now this is no Dunn’s River Falls but we will also visit a serene tucked away waterfall which we like to refer to as “The Hidden”, here you will have perfect photo ops and a grand time!
- You will also get to experience a tropical, local trail where we will walk through and experience the daily life in a local farm.
- You may go River Tubing down the White River, which is a refreshing adventure, this river is also well known for its beauty and freshwater rivers. The starting point of your Tubing experience may involve small rapids with the rest of the journey being quite peaceful and relaxing. The water here has a cool to cold temperature and is fresh water straight from the mountains.
Upon this journey you will pass coconut plantations, bamboo groves, lush fauna, and see how the locals reside right on the riverbanks.
- You may also have the chance to go Calypso River Bamboo Rafting, the thrills of this rafting experience not only beautiful but super relaxing. The rafting experience typically lasts 45 minutes (depending on the current).
|1-4 person US$180
5 or more persons US$45 each per adult.
|Kids (ages 0-12 years)||$25|
|Passengers from Falmouth or Montego Bay||Please request a quotation|
Please be advised that the Ocho Rios, Jamaica the Real Way tour prices do not include cost for food and other activities.